Monday, April 7, 2008

Rubbers


My son needed new rubber boots this spring. Last spring I was able to get him gently used ones but that wasn't the case this year. However, I was able to get him these rubber boots made in CANADA (woot woot) from first quality recyclable materials. To further make a difference with these boots, we can return them to Rallye Footwear for recycling when we no longer can use them. Cool eh??
On a different note, we are in need of some bedspreads and I would like to find some that are 100% organic cotton, or hemp, or bamboo etc. I've been surfing the web all day trying to find one we like - most are colourless. I've had luck in the past with finding bamboo sheets at Zellers (however they are no longer carrying them here) but finding a bedspread/quilt with some colour isn't easy. If anyone has some websites PLEASE let me know!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Hippie Girl ~

I see you recently checked out vegan planet and liked it. I have a copy that I don't use much and am trying to pare down the bookshelf. Would you like me to send it to you?

If so, email me:
veganruthie yahoo com

Theresa said...

You could try www.goodplanet.com out of Victoria BC. They have a flat rate of $5 shipping which is nice. I have their bamboo sheets, which are gorgeous and soft.

Hippie Girl said...

I have a set of bamboo sheets too - which are so silky soft! I ended up buying an organic cotton duvet cover from www.essereorganics.com out of Oakville, Ontario. Thanks for the website tip!